Yewden Farm

Yewden Farm
Hambleden
RG9 6RJ

Yewden Farm was the home farm to Yewden Manor and its outbuildings (granary, stable)  adjoin the Manor House directly on the north. The brick-built farmhouse occupies the adjoining site with three timber-framed barns and a large covered yard,  again to its north. The timber-framed with brick infill granary on its staddle stones is a particularly attractive, although late, example of its type.  One can follow the gradual growth and development of the farmstead from south to north ending with the date of 1884 and initials of the new owner WHS in the brickwork at the entrance to the covered yard. All buildings have now been converted to residential.

Grid Reference: SU78528522
Parish: Hambleden
Surveyed in: 1986
Report written by: Ruth Gibson
Sort key: HAM-UNK-YEW