Rocky Lane Farm

Rocky Lane Farm
Rocky Lane
Highmoor
RG9 4RE

Rocky Lane Farm was in the ownership of the Greys Court Estate until its sale in 1922. It consisted of an C18th brick and flint farmhouse with gable end chimney stacks and timber mullion windows and a decorative Victorian porch (see photograph in 1922 Sales Catalogue). There is also a five-bay barn, weatherboarded with inner principals and porch.

The change in ownership brought about gentrification of the property with the introduction of re-used stone mullion windows, leaded lights, a semi-circular  arch front door surround, and various other re-used stone Tudor arch doorways and features, often well weathered and very likely originating from the demolition site of a 16th-century house.

Grid Reference: SU714839
Parish: Bix
Surveyed in: 1987
Report written by: Ruth Gibson
Sort key: HIG-ROC-ROC