Hunt’s Green Barn

Hunts Green Barn
Harpsden
RG9 4HY

Hunts Green Barn is the only building surviving of the middle farm of this three-farmstead hamlet recorded by Blagrave in 1586. It has three bays with a central threshing floor and large barn doors. A C19th stable is attached on the east side. The trusses have queen struts from ties to collars and clasped purlins. There is evidence that it had wattle & daub infill panels before this was replaced with weatherboarding. Listed Gd II in 1990 following the survey and research by HA&HG.

Note: See also the Archaeological Watching Brief by Will Attard (2018) at http://tvas.co.uk/reports/pdf/HGB18-82wbreport.pdf
Grid Reference: SU744805
Parish: Harpsden
Surveyed in: 1988
Report written by: Ruth Gibson
Notes: See also the Archaeological Watching Brief by Will Attard (2018) at http://tvas.co.uk/reports/pdf/HGB18-82wbreport.pdf
Sort key: HAR-UNK-HUNB